STEP 1 - MARKETING AUDIT (Internal)
Gordon Landwirth will start with information currently within your organization (interviews, documents, data, etc.). The Marketing Audit covers your company's goals, resources, capabilities, practices, competitive strengths & weaknesses, and other strategy fundamentals. These factors will serve as a framework for identifying opportunities and threats, and for developing practical strategies and tactics to capitalize on these opportunities and defend against these threats.
STEP 2 - EXTERNAL RESEARCH
Through research outside your organization, Gordon Landwirth and GSG teams identify and tap a broad variety of information sources related to your industry to obtain critical information for development and successful implementation of marketing strategy and tactics. Research methodologies include:
- Secondary Research covering relevant trade publication articles, research reports, competitor materials (digital and physical), other published information related to industry trends, technological & new product trends, and competitor product lines, promotional, messages/positioning, pricing, distribution channels, etc. (many other areas covered).
- Competitive Intelligence: Using a variety of proprietary research techniques, GSG obtains critical information on your key competitors, covering all aspects of their current marketing mix (product line, distribution, pricing and promotion), their sales performance for relevant products, and their plans for the future: goals, changes to marketing mix (such as new products), etc.
STEP 3 - MARKETING PLAN DEVELOPMENTMarketing Plan will comprehensively cover all aspects of the marketing mix: Product line strategy, Distribution, Pricing, and Promotion. All recommendations in the Marketing Plan will be practical, cost-effective, and achievable considering the resources and capabilities of your company.STEP 4 - ACTION PLAN DEVELOPMENTAction Plans serve as the clear, step-by-step guide to implementing the Marketing Plan. GSG strongly believes in ensuring that clients successfully implement the Marketing Plan, and Action Plans are a key tool that many consultants fail to provide.STEP 5 - IMPLEMENTATION ASSISTANCEGSG works with you and your people, providing hands-on implementation assistance to ensure your success. GSG is flexible with the timing and pace of this assistance, and can usually work with you at times most convenient for you.
- Depth Interviews with a variety of important sources of information within your industries, including (but not limited to) trade publication editors/writers, trade association officers, distributors/wholesalers/retailers, end-users/consumers, referrer groups, external sales reps (if applicable), etc.
The Growth Strategies Group
GSG's Consulting Process
To help you achieve profitable growth, Gordon Landwirth and GSG teams will:
- Apply rigorous research and analysis, deep marketing insight and creative thinking in the development of growth strategies.
- Leverage Gordon Landwirth's extensive implementation leadership experience to guide clients through effective, efficient and timely implementation of action plans related to the strategies developed.
- Customize all aspects of consulting engagements to the particular needs of each client to deliver practical solutions that maximize results.